Hi all and welcome on my site. I am happy you find a time to stop by. I wasn’t adding new content for a while mostly due to a new occasion that I implemented in my professional life.
The reason of my absence was that I am simultaneously building my other website, which will become more sort of marketing source, with one desired end outcome=full time business. It will be a lot of hard work, plenty of hours spent on thinking and creating and probably a lot of short nights????, but I am willing to take the risk, fight and ultimately make this happen.
Anyway, in order to achieve it I was busy with studying, writing and communication with bunch of responsible people were taking my time. I am sorry for that, hopefully you were doing great for the time being.
When the time will come I am going to share all the important details with you as well. I am definitely still going to add new content on this website. No worries!
What happened to the world?
This question you might be asking yourself often during the last days and weeks. If you are living by any chance in Asia, you might be excluded out of this group. (You were there before though).
Yes, if you are living on the same planet like I do, then you get that as well. There is an enemy between us. The one we can not get out of our houses, nor out of our public spaces, cities and entire countries. Something, many across the globe wouldn’t imagine in the worst dream.
Don’t worry I wasn’t off for a while, to tell you the things you already know and to make you be more afraid of the future. The public news, TV news, internet broadcasting is doing it already.
My intention is to share with you some insights I gathered shortly before and during the pandemic. Some of you would like it, some don’t. For some of you it can help change the perspective, and to some of you it might sound too bold.
Either way, I think we as a humankind, we all can get out of it stronger! Depends just on us! Remember, every crisis is a proof how much you want it! And every crisis is perfect time to create leaders!
What happened before the pandemic?
Call me crazy, but I think that every action, cause reaction. And as it is valid in humans relationships, it is also valid on higher level. Precisely level human=planet.
I don’t want to take esoteric approach on that at all!
But let me ask you something. Do you think that we as the human race, that we were acting to the mother earth with respect?
I am going to leave it unanswered, everyone can fill in his/her own answer.
Just underlined think about the big oil companies, industry production, destruction of forests due to new shopping malls, …
If you know a bit about the history, then you probably know that, present time is the longest time without WAR!
Easily, however silly it may sound, this could be the only way the mother earth could get her “resting time”.
That was the relation human=planet.
What about the relation human=human? Were those relationships healthy? Did people valued each other? Did employers valued their employees? Did hotel/restaurant/coffee/bar owners valued their customers? Did they really served them or just earn from them?
I could easily leave unanswered this one as well, but I would stop for a while here as I experienced some examples in the first line, just before the global pandemic hit off.
What I experienced:
No respect in relation Owner/Customer-You see, I was just quitting my manager role in one hotel in the month, the Netherlands took the way of the “intelligent lock down” And what I saw, was missing respect. From both sides. Customers towards our staff, but also in general hotel staff towards the customer. As the traveling became somehow affordable, still more “cheap” travelers were able to book trips, which were some 20 years ago impossible.
No respect young=old/-er– I am soccer coach as some of you may know, and I am definitely not the one who is forcing some old-fashioned rule of celebrating the old. And that is not even possible in today’s economy. Somewhat the older are not the heroes anymore, but more of a burden. This trend is probably not to be stopped.
But what I stress about, is that youngsters should show basic respect to people who are teaching them. All the teachers, coaches, but as well older members of the family deserve more respect.
Things you might realize during the pandemic.
As the pandemic occurred, we all have to face it. Someone would be feeling lesser impact, someone unfortunately higher, I wish all of us could feel the financial and health impact as low as possible.
But as the new situation arises we could also take some time to think what is really important and what not.
If I would continue with the soccer. It is the field I am still active, so excuse me please if I am mentioning it often. But we can mirror it to majority of the sport, or entertainment business as well.
There is a thing as salaries in soccer, basketball, or ice hockey among the “top” players. I don’t know if you are a bit familiar with it, but in my opinion those people are over paid. What is especially wrong is how some players reacted to when they were asked to agree on temporarily decrease of their salary. In short, in crisis the character of everyone came up.
In general, I found it wrong, when a player is earning some 2 millions $/month while his fans attending the stadium and paying for the ticket are earning in many cases 2 thousands $/month. That’s thousand times less!!! That’s just ridiculous.
Now, I could maybe not mentioning it, as I am also getting salary in this field, and it is OK if some top athletes, or actors are earning more than “average” salary, but the amounts just sky-rocketed within couple of last years. No wonder, that some of those people are loosing contact with the reality. We can see how the wrong “values” did take place here.
And while on this particular example we have small impact, there are things we might influence a lot.
During this time, where majority of us are working from home, you might witness different approach among your friends. Some would be bored, worried and some on other hand would be active and creative. Either way, there is option for everyone to evaluate what is really important and what less.
Tips for helping you while you are at home:
- Learn new skill/new language– not just you will feel incredible if you gain knowledge in new language or some other skill, your market value will be significantly higher, once the job market will be proper again. Additional to it, you might learn new skill, which will help you in starting new business and get out of this period even in better place as you have been before.
- Do sport– now I don’t mean to call your friends and organize soccer or other similar sort of game, but do something that will help you to improve your shape and condition. Tips here could be bicycle rides, running( alone) or Fitness at home
- Read-I think that books provide value and knowledge that’s just priceless. Whatever topic you are interested in, you will find book written on. You can basically change your life if you read the right book and take action after reading it.
- Connect with the ones you care-No I don’t mean to send more friends requests on Facebook, I mean talk, call, ask, listen or help those they mean the most to you. One sad paradox emerged among partners. There is higher amount of violent behavior or even divorces since people are more home. Is that sign of a healthy relationships?
- Work-I don’t mean now that if you are already working to find a part-time job. But there are many people who get reduced their hours, or were fired. For you there is always a chance to earn. Options are:
- food delivery
- start new business
- Pick the right information- information are one of the most valuable tools people can use. The right information, can set you way ahead of your direct concurrent in business for instance, and the wrong source of information, like news feed and standard media with bunch of chaotic and fear spreading news can cause you in better case depression. That’s why, if you weren’t too much careful what you were absorbing from outside world, now you have perfect time to select.
- Evaluate– I mentioned that already earlier in this article, but this “home based” time is perfect to re-evaluate basically everything what you are doing. Is the job/business right for you? Are you spending your free time aim fully? Are you spending your money wisely? Do you save/invest enough? Do you have healthy relationship with your partner/kids/parents/friends?
Those are just some ideas you can implement into your life. There are many others available. The idea is to give you some inspiration.
It is all in our hands.
I hope I wasn’t too negative by mentioning some facts from before the pandemic. I just offered my point of view. You don’t have to agree with everything I quoted, but what I would be happy for is, if you could take some time to think.
Think what you need in your life and what you don’t.
If you decided to include some of my TIPS into your daily life now or after corona I would be feeling that I helped you.
These times are hard, nothing what many of us experienced ever. The world will change, that’s for sure. The economic going to change as well. Question is how we are going to change?
Everything is in our hands.